Hershey Park

I love chocolate! My favorite candy to eat includes Hershey Bars, Reese's, Twix, and Kit Kats. These candy bars all have one thing in common: they are made with chocolate! A few years ago, I took a trip to Hershey, Pennsylvania. On this trip, I visited Hershey Park. Hershey Park is an amusement park and museum that shows how these delicious chocolate candies are made! When you first arrive at Hershey Park, you can go inside the factory and take a tour to learn all about the history of Hershey Chocolate. Afterwards, you can wander around the park. The park has many wild rides, games, and food stands to enjoy. I loved my trip to Hershey Park and I bet you will too!

Vocabulary:
In Common (Phrase)- When something is shared.
Pennsylvania (Proper Noun)- A State on the East Coast.
Amusement Park (Noun)- A place with rides, shows, and other entertainment.
Delicious (Adjective)- Another word for yummy, when something tastes good.
Factory (Noun)- A place where things are made.
Tour (Noun)- A journey over a period of time.
Wander (Verb)- Walk around slowly with nowhere to be.
Wild (Adjective)- When something is crazy.

Vocabulary Exercise:
Create a Quizlet on the vocabulary words above and quiz a friend.

Grammar Point:
Exclamation Points are a punctuation mark that  is used to express excitement.

Example: I Love Chocolate!
Example: I loved my trip to Hershey Park and I bet you will too!

Grammar Exercise:
Choose a topic that you are excited about. Write a short paragraph using exclamation points. Practice reading your story aloud by changing your voice to show excitement when reading sentences that use exclamation points.

Comments

  1. Yummy! A trip to Hershey is always fun and delicious.
    I like the idea of students creating the quiz for fellow students.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Plitvice Lakes

Magic Gardens

A Pet Turtle Named Dogge