Plitvice Lakes



Would you enjoy going on a long hike alongside beautiful crystal blue water? Then Plitvice Lakes in Croatia is the place for you! Over the summer, my friends and I travelled along the coast of Croatia for ten days. One of the most unique spots we visited was called Plitvice Lakes. Plitvice Lakes is located in one of Croatia's eight national parks. During our hike, we walked over bridges, climbed over rocks, and even passed by a few waterfalls. The water is crystal clear and you can see to the bottom of the lake. Unfortunately, swimming is prohibited because of the pollution from swimmers. Although you cannot swim, I highly recommend visiting Plitvice Lakes because the views are breathtaking.

Vocabulary

Enjoy (adjective)- To have a good time.
Alongside (preposition)- At the side or close by.
Unique (adjective)- One of a kind.
Coast (noun)- The land near a seashore.
Bridge (noun)- A wooden pathway connecting two pieces of land with water underneath.
Crystal Clear (phrase)- Perfectly clear 
Unfortunately (adverb)- Very unlucky or not great news. 
Prohibited (adjective)- Not allowed. 
Pollution (noun)- Substance harmful to the environment.
Recommend (verb)- To suggest doing.
Breathtaking (adjective)- Very exciting or beautiful. 

Vocabulary Exercise
Use the vocabulary words above to complete the word search.
A M L D E O R W P P B W C Z M K L T A T U H C O Q R L L H X E X O W T V Q L E P E L E A X S G G N K S L I U J A U A X G Y H D J G U Y E N U T R R Z Q U O U I T S K R H U H E G H O D S J I R B I B C J T C T G F U Z O N H B P D D Q A O S L W G N R I E N R I E T K M A J D D E T I B I H O R P I M O H G C P K U E P U P B Y N E C Z Q N J O Q I R W G B C G N A R I W E A D A A S O N Q F D P K J W F S E K Y Z F Y J M M E C N Y L E T A N U T R O F N U W W
Grammar Point
The adjectives in the entry above describe the atmosphere at Plitvice Lakes. An adjective describes a person, place, or thing. Adjectives are often used to modify nouns.

Example-A long hike alongside beautiful crystal blue water.
Example- One of the most unique spots.

Grammar/Writing Exercise
Write a 5-sentence paragraph about a place you have travelled. Use adjectives to modify nouns. Make sure the adjectives fit the sentences appropriately. 








Comments

  1. What a beautiful place! Thanks for writing about it and sharing the photos. It would be hard not to swim in sch a place, but it is also hard to keep a delicate balance between pristine nature and ecotourism. You have included all the necessary components in your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your story about your trip is great! Everything must have been so beautiful. I liked that you put a word search as your activity assignment. That would be a nice break from writing for the students.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That right there seems like the most perfect vacation. I am all about taking adventurous vacations. I HATE sitting still on a beach, i always like to keep moving! This reminds me of the trip that I'm currently planning to Bali :) thank you for giving me something to look forward to !

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Magic Gardens

A Pet Turtle Named Dogge